Safwat Cars Limited is committed to providing products and service of the highest standard. But we do understand that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a concern or are dissatisfied in any way, we’ll do our best to help resolve the situation in a fair and transparent way. We will investigate all complaints competently, diligently and impartially obtaining additional information as necessary. Every complaint will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair outcome for you.
Discussion with us directly. If you have a concern with either your vehicle or the service you have received, please firstly raise this with the branch manager. They are best placed to address your concerns.
Should you remain unhappy with our response, please contact us by your preferred method from the list below.
Safwat Cars Ltd
1 The Cordwainers
Temple Farm Industrial Estate
Southend on Sea
Essex, SS2 5RU
Telephone: 01702 46435
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
What you will need to provide.
To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- Your name and address details of how we can contact you a clear description of your complaint
- Details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation; and if appropriate, copies of any relevant supporting documentation.
Our commitment to you.
- We’ll thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer a fair response that will take into account all the information available to us
- We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly, by the end of the next business day if possible. If this is not possible, and your complaint relates to our credit broking, we will: within 5 working days, provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them
- Keep you updated on the progress of your complaint, and within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will either: write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing this response, or explain why we are not in a position to give you a final response and let you know when we expect to be able to provide it.
We may not always provide the answer you are looking for, but we’ll make sure we offer a clear explanation for our decision.
If your complaint relates to a finance agreement with one of our lenders we will be happy to provide you with the relevant contact details.
What if I remain unhappy with your response?
Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are dissatisfied with either our final response, or the reasons for any delay in providing our final response you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review.
To be able to ask them for an independent review your complaint must be in relation to our credit broking activities that is to say any marketing material or recommendations we make in relation to any finance offers from our panel of lenders and you must have given us the opportunity to find a resolution first. You must also be a private individual, or a business, charity or trust with an annual turnover of less than 2 million euros and fewer than 10 employees.
If you wish to pursue your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date on which we send you our final response letter. The Financial Ombudsman’s details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123
Where your complaint does not relate to a finance agreement, you may contact:
The Motor Ombudsman
The Motor Ombudsman, which is responsible for Motor Codes, is a government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. BMW subscribes to the New Car Code, which covers the sale of new cars, warranties, the availability of replacement parts, and advertising and complaint handling. In addition, our BMW Centres subscribe to the Service and Repair Code which commits them to open, transparent and fair methods of business aiming to maintain consistently high standards.
Whilst we are clearly committed to a high quality of customer service there may be times when we are not able to resolve a dispute. In this unlikely event we would refer you to an ADR provider, either the Motor Ombudsman or the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (as detailed above), depending on the nature of the dispute
ADR stands for Alternative Dispute Resolution and is a process where an independent and impartial third party considers the evidence in a dispute and makes a decision, offers a view or helps all parties reach an agreement.
The Motor Ombudsman is a Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) certified ADR provider that can offer this ADR service. Further details can be found at www.themotorombudsman.org or alternatively you may wish to contact their advice line on 0345 241 3008
Telephone: 0345 241 3008
BMW is a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (the BVRLA). If you are not happy with our final response and would like to refer your complaint to the BVRLA’s conciliation scheme, you may email them at:
or write to them at: